The region encompassing Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill has been known as the Triangle since the 1950s, when Research Triangle Park – one of the nation’s most successful research hubs – was created. Anchored by NC State, Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park is home to more than 200 companies employing 55,000 workers in a wide range of high-tech fields, from electronics and computer science to biotechnology and advanced analytics.
The Triangle is one of the fastest growing regions in the country, with abundant affordable housing, good schools and a wealth of recreation and entertainment options.
- The Greens – Rental property located on Centennial Campus
- North Shore – Townhomes located on Centennial Campus
- 401 Oberlin Cameron Village – Rental property 2 blocks from NCSU Bell Tower 22+ age limit
- On Campus Apartments – Faculty and Staff are eligible to live in ES King Village Apartments or Western Manor Apartments pending availability
- Guest Housing – University Housing provides short term guest on-campus living at ES King Village
- Wolfperks – Discount program
- Moving With The Pack – Relocation assistance program
- Raleigh – Raleigh’s one-of-a-kind capital setting make it a “can’t miss” cultural and entertainment center of the Southeast for leisure, business and events.
- Durham – A unique mix of rich history, pioneering achievements, and diverse culture – that’s what makes Durham the kind of place that is always engaging.
- Chapel Hill – As one of the three “points” of The Research Triangle, Chapel Hill, along with Raleigh and Durham, continually receives accolades for being a top location to live and do business.
A Great Place to Live
Raleigh and the surrounding area are consistently ranked among the best places to live and work in the United States. Check out some of the most recent accolades:
- No. 1, Best Places for Business and Careers. Forbes, July 2014
- No. 1. Best City for Raising a Family. Forbes, April 2014
- No. 3, Best Cities to Work – Economic Environment. WalletHub, May 2015
- No. 2, America’s 15 Best Cities for Young Professionals. Forbes, August 2014
- No. 4, Top 10 Happiest Metropolitan Areas. University of British Columbia, July 2014
- No. 7, America’s Smartest Cities. Forbes, November 2014
- No. 8, America’s 50 Best Cities to live, Cary. Wall Street, September 2014
- No. 3, 10 Fastest Growing Cities. CNN Money, March 2014
- No. 3, Communities in the U.S. For Overall Well-Being. Gallup-Healthway Well-Being Index, April 2014
- No. 3, Safest City in America, Cary. 24/7 Wall Street, November 2014