Chancellor Woodson Welcomes You!
Congratulations on your new role, and Welcome to the Pack!!! Now that you’ve accepted an employment offer from NC State, you can begin getting ready for your first day at the university. In all the excitement of starting a new job, don’t forget that you’ll need to take care of some important business during your first few days at NC State.
Schedule an appointment with an Onboarding Specialist
You will be notified via email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to make an appointment with the Onboarding Center. During this appointment, we will tackle several items from your New Hire Checklist together. In the meantime, here are some things for you to review before your first day but no immediate action is required:
- Payroll information–Direct deposit, tax forms, pay schedule, and more.
- Benefit options – You’ll need to make your selection within 30 days of employment.
- Retirement options – You’ll need to make your selection within 60 days of employment.
- I-9–This federal form requires you to provide evidence of your identity and work authorization. Section 1 must be completed on or before the first day of work, and Section 2, for which you must provide original and unexpired proof of identity and ability to legally work in the U.S., must be completed with an NC State authorized person no later than three days after your hire date. The form will be completed during your Onboarding appointment.
- Employee Resources and Perks–Familiarize yourself with resources available for employees and even bookmark the page for future reference.
- Moving with the Pack – Moving with the Pack services include cash-back incentives for home sale and purchase, utility connection and disconnection convenience services, mortgage discounts, rental assistance, moving van services, and more.
Are you a Foreign National? You’ll need to review the Foreign National New Employee Orientation and make an appointment for a tax assessment before you can be paid.