While You Wait on Campus Credentials
Your NC State Employee Identifying Credentials are an essential component to system access and recognition as an active employee for various steps in the Onboarding process. These Credentials are known as your Unity ID and the associated Employee ID number. The most critical of these is the Unity ID.
The creation of your Unity ID is a result of a hire action initiated by your department in our HR System. Unfortunately, this process may be delayed for a variety of reasons resulting in a delay in your credentials and access to many campus systems.
How will you know when your campus credentials are finalized? You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your Unity ID and instructions on how to set up your password and schedule an appointment with the Onboarding Center.
- Begin working
- Complete I-9 at the I-9 Center or Onboarding Center. Review the list of required documents to complete the I-9.
- Get a temporary parking permit-Take copy of your offer letter to Transportation
- Review benefits and retirement options
- Review New Employee Orientation and Benefits Orientation schedules and decide on the dates that will work best for you.
- Review Employee Resources
- Review Campus Points of Interest
- Campus ID card
- Access to email and calendar
- Access to MyPack Portal
- New Hire Checklist
- Direct Deposit
- Tax Forms (W4/NC4)
- Updating Personal Information
- Clocking in/out via WolfTime
- Enrollment in benefits (30 enrollment period from hire date)
- Enrollment in Retirement (60 day enrollment period from hire date)
- Access to Moodle
- Permanent parking permit
Once you have received an email from email@example.com schedule a time to meet with an Onboarding Specialist to complete your new hire checklist.
To check on the status of your hire action, contact your supervisor or your department’s HR Representative.