NEW EMPLOYEES: If you are new to NC State University, your Unity ID password defaults to a combination password as indicated below.
FORMER EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS: Your unity ID and password remain the same as when you left the University. If you don’t remember your password, you can go to the Reset Password page to have it reset to the default as listed below. If the reset doesn’t work, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 919-515-HELP.
Your initial (default) Unity password is an 8-digit number composed of:
- the last four digits of your Campus ID number (found in the “Account Information” email you received from the Onboarding Center) plus…
- the four digits of your birth month and day
For example, if your Campus ID number ends in 1234 and your birthday is January 31, then your default password is 12340131.
Change Default Unity Password
1. Go to Password Change Form
2. Enter your Unity ID in Unity Username and your default password in Current Password. (Note: Do not enter anything into the “New Password” and “Confirm New Password” fields at this time.)
3. Click Submit
4. Create three questions with answers. These questions are used for authentication purposes if you are to request a password reset in the future.
1. Once you successfully set-up three security questions, you will receive a confirmation page that directs you to immediately change your password. Click “Change Password” from the red link options.
2. Enter your Unity ID and default password again and then complete the “New Password” and “Confirm New Password” fields. Do not share your password with anyone.
If you are having any trouble with your password change or reset, reference the Unity Password Change Instructions for step-by-step instructions or contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-HELP (4357).
All University employees and affiliates are required to set-up two-factor verification using DUO for MyPack Portal access and Google 2-Step for NC State email access. For security reasons, please complete these steps as soon as possible but you must do so within 14 days for your account to remain active.
Go to Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) at NC State to set up DUO and Google 2-Step.
Unity Password Change Instructions for step-by-step instructions.
Contact the Help Desk at help.ncsu.edu. If your unity credentials are not working, use the “Continue Without Login” option to get help. You can also call 919-515-HELP (4357).
More information on Unity Credentials is available from the Office of Information Technology.
An Onboarding Center team member can also assist with this process on your first day during your Onboarding appointment.